In this document, the Katana will be studied not as a simple piece of metal but as a real symbol. The Katanas and their owners, the Samurai, have a preponderant place in Japanese history. Everywhere in the country and at any time from the 10th century to World War II, Japanese history has been linked with that of the Samurai. These Warriors brought lots of modifications to the form of the Katana. That is why each period of Japanese history can be matched with a particular type of Katana.
The Samurai is one of the most secretive societies of all time. This is why it's very rare for people to read about their secrets including that of their well-used weapon - the Katana. Discover the history of the Katana and how this weapon was able to gain significance in the following ages:
- Until 10th century: Early Japan
- 10th – 12th century: Heian period
- 13th century: Beginning of Kamakura period
- 13th – early 14th century: End of Kamakura period
- 14th century: Nambokucho period
- 15th – 16th century: Muromachi period
- 1573 – 1603: Momoyama period
- 17th – 18th century: Beginning of Edo period
- End of 18th century – 1868: End of Edo period
- 1868 – Nowadays: Meiji period and present day
Unlock the secrets to the success of the Katana, in this exclusive book. A rare and absolute must-have for those interested in the history of the Katana and the Samurai and their weapons.