This guide will teach you about Goju Ryu karate terms, including:
- How can I count in Goju Ryu terminology?
- What general vocabulary should I know?
- What stances should I be proficient in understanding?
- What hand techniques should I know?
- What foot techniques should I be familiar with?
- What are the parts of the foot?
- What are the different blocking techniques?
- What should I know about practice fighting terminology?
- What foot movements should I know?
- What are the combative postures?
Karate begins and ends with Kata. Kata is the essence and foundation of Karate and it represents the accumulation of more than a thousand years of knowledge. Formed by masters throughout the ages through dedicated training and research, the Kata are a map to guide us, and must never be changed or tampered with.
Learn more about karate terms by downloading this informative guide!