Tai Chi and the Five Integrity, written by Ken Van Sickle, explains the principles of Thai Chi and how the body uses several energies, including pneumatic (breath), hydraulic (circulatory), mechanical (muscle and bone) and electromagnetic (nervous system).
This guide will teach you:
- How does the body use energy?
- What is the first priority when learning Tai Chi?
- What does the constant repetition of forms achieve?
- What are different Tai Chi poses?
- Why does Tai Chi revolve around centering, alignment and balance?
- How is breathing centrifugal to Tai Chi?
- What are the axioms and principles of Tai Chi?
- What is Tai Chi ditch digging?
- What is the ping-pong ball?
- What does it mean, the cup returns?
- What are the five integrity steps in Tai Chi?
Tai Chi, uses these energies in dynamic and subtle ways. Tai Chi is energy management. Energy needs a channel, if the channel is blocked, the energy will not flow. Learn about the principles of Tai Chi in this detailed, informative book!